Friday 12 March 2010

Crazy Keywords continued

This week I've managed to correct 17 pages worth of crazy keywords, which I'm rather pleased with. I've been prioritising particularly messy sections rather than going through alphabetically.
Much of it is dealing with capitalisation, name conventions and rationalising (do we really need 'Geology' and 'Geology & Earth Sciences' when each only occur once?).

Here this week's top fifteen, the ones that have made me want to hit my head against something not soft:
1.Ethnic tourist attractions
2.Famous trains
3.Etc
4.explains how key skills are asessed
5.exercises on using numbers in everyday life
6.Fiction dealing with specific issues
7.Fighting back
8.facts, worksheet quiz
9.Internet links for different subjects
10. Forced entertainment
11. Future of Champagne Wines
12. Social dimension of wine
13. Sound Story (meaning 'talking book')
14. Disctionaries (on FOUR records?!?)
15. Dodgy deals

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest!

I did however have a little moment where I googled 'gases' to see if it was an artist's surname..

2 comments:

  1. Forced entertainment as in the theatre company?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really don't know which is my favourite...7, 10, 12 and 15 are tops! Fortunately we have a strictly controlled keywords list in our catalogue but I'm sure a few must have slipped through at one point or another....

    ReplyDelete